Il Giardino Marino di Bvlgari is a fresh take on these earlier botanical and zoological themes. Put simply, it is a wristwatch that achieves the remarkable feat of combining the art of miniature painting – a much valued technique that dates back to the golden age of the Renaissance artists – with the perfection of haute jewellery, which is the signature of Bvlgari’s master artisans, and the precision of Swiss fine watchmaking. In a similar way, Il Giardino Marino di Bvlgari dives into a maritime dream world in which the silent watery landscape finds its rhythm in the harmonious oscillations of a tourbillon movement whose technical sophistication is matched only by its pristine beauty. There will only be 50 of each version, rendering the watch a token of true exclusivity.
- Manufacture-made mechanical self-winding movement with Tourbillon on a sapphire bridge; 263 polished and hand-finished parts, 22K gold oscillating weight, driving hours and minutes indications
- 21,600 vph (3Hz), 40 jewels; 64-hour power reserve
- Diameter: 28.60 mm; thickness: 5.95 mm Case and dial
- 18K pink gold 37 mm-diameter case, 10.70 mm thick, non-set or set with 36 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 2.88 cts); 18K pink gold crown set with a rubellite; water-resistant to 30 m
- Blue lacquered champlevé dial hand-decorated using marquetry-like techniques, set with 29 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.065 cts)
- Blue alligator leather strap with an 18K pink gold pin buckle